Founded in 1981 by Barkev Meserlian, Barkev’s is an e-commerce store that focuses on engagement and wedding rings. Although the company operates purely online with no storefront, all their jewelry is designed and manufactured in Los Angeles. Barkev’s focuses on a range of unique styles, offering something for everyone.
The store is very popular on its social media channels such as Instagram and has also been featured in places such as Cosmopolitan, BuzzFeed, Pop Sugar, and others. So, to see if they are worth all this buzz, let’s take a deeper look at what you can get from Barkev’s.
- What Does Barkev’s Offer?
- Popular Barkev’s Ring Designs
- Barkev’s Jewelry Quality – Materials
- Why Should You Shop at Barkev’s?
- Maintaining Barkev’s Jewelry
- Is Barkev’s Jewelry Worth Buying?
What Does Barkev’s Offer?
Barkev’s is known for their engagement and wedding ring selections, but they also offer fine jewelry and loose natural and lab-grown diamonds. They have a high-quality collection of artisan bracelets, necklaces, and earrings as well.
Barkev’s engagement ring collection is impressive in terms of the range it offers. There is a wide range of designs, from classic and traditional to modern and avant-garde. We were impressed by the choice of ring settings and stone shapes on offer, allowing you to choose something unique and truly representative of who you are. If you’re looking for budget options, there are excellent engagement rings under $1,000 too, as well as a separate section for promise rings.
Barkev’s offer both men’s and women’s wedding bands in various designs. The men’s wedding ring collection includes diamond, plain, carbon fiber and tantalum rings, ensuring that there are options whether you want to go traditional or alternative. The same can be said for the women’s wedding ring collection – from classic diamond eternity bands to stylish and unique black diamond cross-cross bands, there are rings for all tastes and budgets.
Loose diamonds and other gemstones
If you’re after a loose diamond, Barkev’s carries an inventory of over 6500 GIA-certified diamonds and over 8000 lab created diamonds. Each diamond comes with HD images and videos, allowing you to view the stone carefully from all sides.
Other fine jewelry – necklaces, bracelets, and earrings
Barkev’s also has good collections of other fine jewelry such as earrings, necklaces, and bracelets. Some are extensive, such as their diamond necklace collection, while others, like their diamond bracelet collection, could be larger. All their fine jewelry seems to be of a very high quality, however, and is also very well priced – just like their engagement and wedding ring collections.
Barkev’s rings and jewelry come with a variety of gemstones – colorless and fancy colored natural diamonds, lab grown diamonds, as well as other gemstones such as blue and pink sapphires, moissanite, morganite, aquamarine, tsavorite, citrine, amethyst, tourmaline, topaz, and others.
Popular Barkev’s Ring Designs
The stars of Barkev’s show are their engagement and wedding rings which come in various designs. Some of our favorites include:
If you’re after a more traditional look, a classic solitaire engagement ring like this will never go out of style. Choose from a range of metal options and diamond shapes to get the exact ring design you’re after.
While you can find colorless diamonds at every engagement ring retailer, black diamond ring sets like this are rare to find. The ring perfectly contrasts and balances the black and white hues of the diamonds for a classy, modern look. This is ideal for any bride who wants to stand out.
This aptly named engagement ring catches the eye and makes it very hard to look away. Featuring center princess cut diamond is elevated by the stunning metal work and graceful swirls of the setting, that accentuate the size of the diamond.
This Barkev’s ring combines traditional and modern elements to create a stylish, eye-catching ring design with stunning color and textural contrasts. It’s a harmonious celebration of the traditional (gold) and the avant garde (carbon fiber).
Whether you want this ring in two tones or a single tone, you have the option to choose. This is a perfect example of a two-in-one ring, where a single ring can work as both an engagement and wedding ring.
This classic pave set wedding band celebrates the sparkle of the tiny diamonds, laid on the surface of the band. We particularly like the metal detail on the inside of the band, which showcases the attention to detail and the little touches that make Barkev’s engagement and wedding rings stand out.
Barkev’s Jewelry Quality – Materials
From what we’ve seen, Barkev’s seem to use only high-quality materials in their craft. Their diamonds are all certified, giving you peace of mind that what you’re buying has been stringently tested by independent labs for quality. Even their lab-grown diamonds come with certification from the International Gemological Institute (IGI).
Barkev’s other gemstones also seem of top-notch quality, as are their jewelry metals which include yellow, rose, and white gold in either 14 or 18 karats, as well as platinum.
Why Should You Shop at Barkev’s?
- Barkev’s Try It At Home program allows you to sample different rings for up to 5 days. This comes with a pre-paid shipping label, so all you have to do is send the rings back after you’ve made your decision. While you do have to pay a deposit of $200 for the sample, it’s refunded to you after you return the samples.
- Barkev’s engagement and wedding rings are of great quality and come in various unique designs. This ensures that there will be a design for you, regardless of your style and budget.
- You can browse through their collection of well-priced certified loose diamonds, if you’re after a custom-made ring.
- Barkev’s offers lab grown diamonds in addition to their natural loose diamonds, which is ideal if you are after a sustainable and budget-friendly option.
- While they focus mainly on rings, Barkev’s offers other fine jewelry options as well.
- Barkev’s craft their jewelry using valuable materials – this applies to both their metals and gemstones. They only use precious metals (yellow, white and rose gold and platinum), GIA or AGSL certified diamonds and high quality gemstones.
- All Barkev’s jewelry is reasonably priced for the quality of the product on offer.
- The company offers great financing options, meaning that you can choose how you want to pay for your jewelry without breaking the bank.
- If you’re worried about making valuable jewelry purchases online, this is the perfect place for you because sampling is an option for all of Barkev’s products through their Try It At Home program and 30-day return policy.
- Free shipping is included for every order within the US.
- Barkev’s site is both simple and comprehensive – it offers a variety of navigation options that are intuitive to use.
- Barkev’s offers a very good warranty for their jewelry.
- Most customers report a satisfactory customer service experience. Barkev’s sees mostly positive reviews on every review site.
Maintaining Barkev’s Jewelry
Proper ring and jewelry maintenance is crucial regardless of where you’ve bought the item from.
Fortunately, as Barkev’s craft all their jewelry out of top-quality materials and with durable designs, cleaning and maintaining their jewelry is easy. You should always follow the recommendations for each specific metal and gemstone type but, in general, warm water with a mild soap and a soft piece of cloth should be enough to keep your jewelry clean and healthy.
Aside from that, visiting a professional jeweler once or twice a year for a routine check-up and maintenance is also recommended.
Is Barkev’s Jewelry Worth Buying?
If you’re in the US and you’re looking for a good online jewelry site that offers a wide variety of unique designs, Barkev’s is definitely one of the first places you should visit. This is especially the case if you’re looking for something unique, such as a complex ring design or a gorgeous gemstone engagement ring.
All in all, Barkev’s is a great option. Their Try It At Home program alone makes them worth a try, as there’s literally no risk involved in shopping from them.