Finding the perfect gift for your mother-in-law can difficult, regardless of how long you’ve known her. There are countless gift options on the market but one of the best choices you could go for is jewelry, since it’s timeless and has sentimental value. Jewelry is an excellent gift for any occasion and something that she would actually be able to wear.
If you’re having trouble deciding on a jewelry gift for your mother-in-law, then you’ve come to the right place. We’ve rounded up a list of twelve best jewelry gift ideas and we’ve also included some important points to consider when buying jewelry for your mother-in-law. Let’s take a look.
Mother-in-Law Gift Ideas
Photo Album Locket by Silk Purse Sows Ear. See it here.
A locket is a great jewelry gift for your mother-in-law, especially one that can be personalized to suit her. You can add in photos of her children or grandchildren (if she has any), to add a sentimental touch to the piece. If she has more than two family members to include, choose a photo album locket like this one which can hold up to four photos.
Brooch with Swarovski Crystals by RAINBOW BOX. See it here.
Show your mother-in-law what she means to you with a gorgeous brooch like this beautiful piece set with rhinestones and Swarovski crystals. Some brooches are versatile and can also double as necklace pendants.
14K Yellow Gold Cushion Shape Diamond Stud Earrings by James Allen. See it here.
A stunning pair of diamond stud earrings is an excellent choice if you’re looking for a jewelry gift that will impress your mother-in-law. Diamond earrings are highly versatile, which is what makes them a great jewelry gift for her, since she’ll be able to wear them anywhere, for any occasion. They also have a classy, modern and contemporary look.
Diamond Vintage-Inspired Teardrop Earrings by Blue Nile. See it here.
When it comes to choosing a jewelry gift for your mother-in-law, a pair of gorgeous drop earrings tend to suit most people. The trick is to consider her general style and find a pair to suit. If she likes heavy jewelry, pick a pair of drop earrings that have embellishments and detail. If she already has a necklace to match, get her a pair of drop earrings that she would love and can wear for any occasion.
A Gemstone Bracelet
Make your mother-in-law feel extra special with a beautiful bracelet featuring her favorite gemstones. You can also choose one with her birthstone on it or gemstones that match her personality.
A Personalized Necklace
Personalized Gold/Sterling Silver Name Pendants by Centime Gift. See it here.
Personalized gifts usually have a special touch to them, so why not give your mother-in-law a lovely necklace monogrammed with her name or a special message? Available in various metals, monogrammed necklaces are usually affordable, but look just as good as the more expensive pieces. If your mother-in-law is an avid fan of boho and hippie style jewelry, a simple necklace like one of these in the metal color she prefers would be a perfect gift.
Personalized Heart Pendant
Personalized Heart Pendant by Bloom Boutique UK. See it here.
If you’re looking for a charming, minimalist jewelry gift for your mother-in-law, consider a simple heart pendant. Heart pendants are dainty and maybe a bit cliché, but they can also be worn for an elegant, sophisticated look. You can also have her name or a special message engraved on it, to make it even more special.
A Solitaire Pendant
White Gold Finish Ribbon Pendant by Knack Apparel Designs. See it here.
A diamond solitaire pendant is another jewelry staple, suiting any style or fashion sense. If diamonds are beyond your budget, consider synthetic diamonds, moissanite, or even high-quality crystals.
Rose Gold Flower Pendant by FANCIME. See it here.
A stunning flower pendant featuring her birthstone, or a gemstone is a feminine and safe gift option, because most women tend to like floral jewelry. There are various types of flower pendants you can choose from, from minimalist to elaborate and heavily decorated pieces. Think about the type of jewelry she already wears and choose a pendant to match so she’ll be able to wear it with her other jewelry.
Freshwater Cultured Pearl Bracelet by Blue Nile. See it here.
Say ‘thank you’ to your mother-in-law for all she does by gifting her a beautiful pearl bracelet made with natural or cultured pearls. Pearls can be given at any time of the year, as a birthday or Christmas gift and are unique because they’re made inside a living creature. They’re usually offered as a token of good luck, as well as love and affection.
Raw Gemstone Jewelry
Raw emerald necklace by Bedrock Bijoux. See it here.
Raw gemstone jewelry is unique, and no two are exactly alike. This is a nice touch if your mother-in-law is a one-of-a-kind woman who likes to stand out. Whether rustic or chic, raw gemstones are used in a variety of jewelry styles.
Chain Letter Necklaces
Curb chain letter necklace by Gold Stone US. See it here.
This one isn’t for every mother-in-law. Consider her style before buying her a letter necklace, because some people might just think it’s tacky. However, when chosen right, letter necklaces are thoughtful gifts. Let her know how much thought you put into her gift by getting her a chain necklace with all the letters in her name or just her initial. Remember to choose a metal that she would love like rose gold, gold or silver.
What to Consider
When it comes to buying a jewelry gift for your mother-in-law, there are a few important things to take into consideration.
- What jewelry does she need? If your mother-in-law has an extensive jewelry collection with various pieces, it would be a good idea to get her something she doesn’t already have. If you can, take a quick look through her jewelry box to check what’s missing. Once you get an idea of what she needs, it’ll be easier to find the perfect gift.
- Make sure to get the right size. Make sure that what you get fits her just right. If you’re not sure about the size, however, buy a piece that’s available in universal sizes. Instead of going for a ring, which might have to be resized, choose a pendant or a pair of earrings.
- Try both physical and online stores. Don’t limit yourself to your local jewelry stores, but instead, check out some online shops as well. We recommend the following stores which all offer a wide range of unique and beautiful jewelry pieces:
- Amazon – Amazon offers a range of jewelry pieces at various prices to suit all budgets.
- Etsy – If you’re looking for a unique, handmade jewelry gift, Etsy is the place to go.
- Blue Nile – If you’re searching for high quality diamond jewelry, Blue Nile has an excellent range of ready-made diamond jewelry. They also have an impressive collection of gemstone jewelry.
- White Flash – White Flash has some of the best and highest quality diamond jewelry available on the online market.
- James Allen – One of the best online jewelry retailers, James Allen offers various types of high quality gemstone jewelry at lower prices.
When it comes to buying your mother-in-law the perfect jewelry gift, remember that the thought behind it is more important than the actual value of the gift. Whether you buy a simple pendant or a complicated and expensive diamond set, what matters is that you put in the time and effort to choose the best one for her.